Friday, February 02, 2007

Yesterday I was thinking Girly Girl's stomach ache was just that, a stomach ache. The ache never worsened and she was able to eat. I made her favorite dinner, spaghetti, which she ate plenty of. We did skip dance class because I had kept her home from school and she was tired from being up alot the night before. She went to bed no problem. Around 11pm she woke me up (I had just fallen asleep) complaining of her stomach hurting really bad. So I had her stay in my room, she calmed down and went to sleep until around 1:30am or so. She was in terrible pain by this point, I was getting very concerned because I could tell she was hurting. I didn't know if it could be her appendix, could she have some kind of blockage, was she constipated. Just as I was about to get dressed and take her to the ER, she ran toward my bathroom and threw up everywhere.

Talk about a mess. She was trying to reach the toilet but didn't. And I swear, when I stood there, trying to figure out where to begin cleaning it up, my spaghetti dinner was at the base of my throat.

I am throwing out the leftover spaghetti today. There is no way I can eat it.

It is so not fun cleaning up vomit at 2am.

She felt better immediately though and was back to sleep by 3am. I, however, was up forever.

I've kept her home again today. She has eaten jello and feels fine. She says her stomach still hurts but not as bad. So today she will be on a light diet, nothing heavy. And no spaghetti.

The best part about today is JR left his laptop home so I'm curled up on the couch while writing this. I plan on doing some laundry, cleaning up a little and visiting some blogs. I need to go to the grocery store but that may not get done today.

Misty, my cat, is doing so much better. She has perked up and gained some weight. Every time she sees me she gets up and comes over to me, wanting attention. She had stopped doing that, I don't think she had the strength to. She is still having a problem holding her urine but hopefully once her urinary tract infection clears up and her body adjusts to her new diet, that will improve. Excessive urination is a sign of feline diabetes so between that and her infection, she hasn't been able to hold it. She's already had one bath at the vets and I'm giving her a couple more days before I give her one here. That should be fun.

I would like to get to the craft store, I have a cross stitch project I'd like to begin but I need some more floss. I thought that would be something I could do when I'm wanting to munch, something to keep my hands busy. It's supposed to get very cold here starting Sunday, the coldest weather we've had in 3 years which means I'll be stuck inside a lot. I need something to do so I'm not raiding the cabinets.

I am so behind on my bible reading for my bible study. I just have not been able to stay focused on anything I read. I would love to work on getting caught up this weekend, I just need to pray for God to help me.

I cannot get Miss Moody to go back to indoor field hockey because of those girls. As much as I hate to see her walk away, she is very good, I understand where she's coming from. At school she only has to deal with one girl, if she goes to field hockey it's all 3 together. I don't know. I don't like my kids to quit anything, I'm all about seeing things through but how much am I supposed to push here? This isn't just a case of kids not liking you, it's been more than that. But sometimes I worry that she lets other people stop her too much and I'd hate to see her miss out on things because of other people. And on the other hand, I don't want to put extra pressure on her. I don't know.

What would you do? Would you make her go or just respect her feelings and let her quit?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Veronika said...

I'll never look at spaghetti the same way again!
I'm glad your cat is better; that must be awful to see her in such pain.
About your daughter - I don't know what I'd do in your situation. As much as I encourage my kids to finish what they start, I wouldn't want them being harrassed. Is there a different team she can get on?
Have a great weekend, and try to stay warm! I'll be thinking of you-
:)

7:47 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Oh, my! I bet you had lots of fun cleaning up that mess!!!

I think I'd let my daughter decide whether or not she wanted to play. LIke Veronica said, perhaps finding a different team might be an option. If not, then maybe find a new sport for her to get involved in.

Hope you have a great weekend! We're going to get extremely frigid temps, too.

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home