Wednesday, January 24, 2007

It's almost 5am here, I've been laying awake for some time and decided I needed to get up.

I'm here asking that you would pray for my daughter, Miss Moody.

Things have gone from bad to worse regarding the bullying she's been dealing with for about 3 months.

It's so bad we actually contacted the police yesterday to see if we have enough to have at least 3 girls charged with harassment.

We do.

This morning JR and I are headed into school for a meeting with the principal. I have a ton of things I printed off the internet yesterday, my evidence I guess you would say. I also have her cell phone.

This is a complicated mess, involving kids from another school as well as our school.

I'm so weary right now. I just don't know what to do but I know I have to do something. I've been sitting back and just waiting to see if things would blow over. But they're not. And now I'm concerned enough for my daughter that I have to step up.

But really, there's no guarantee that if I step up, we can get this to stop. By getting these kids in big trouble, it could actually escalate things.

I hate feeling helpless.

It's so frustrating. We took Miss Moody's cell phone away almost 2 months ago. We gave it back to her Friday night and had to take it away Saturday night. She didn't even do anything wrong but we had to do it in order to cut off the communication. Yesterday she was online, chatting with her friends, minding her own business and it started. So I had to yank her offline.

She's getting punished all the way around.

I know she's not perfect. I'm sure she has said things back, said things about these girls. She is after all, human. But I know for a fact that she is not harassing anyone. I know that she doesn't have inappropriate things on her myspace, I know she's not threatening anyone on AIM. How do I know? Because I check. Every single day. And she knows it. If she's chatting online, I stand behind her to see who she's talking to and what she's talking about.

Where are the other parents in all this? Do they not even bother to check up? Obviously not because if they knew what these girls are talking about doing, what they have done, I would assume they would be taking action. For example, these girls talk about partying, drinking alcohol, having sex. They are 13 years old. 13!

I have tried to talking to the parents but nothing has changed.

So now I have to go another route.

I don't know if I'm going to have to pull her out of school. Bascially if I'm not happy with how the principal chooses to handle things, I will have no choice. And another thing is Miss Moody will be going to high school next year and she'll be going to school with all these girls then.

The stupidity of these girls is huge. They are online threatening to beat up my daughter. I have it printed out with their pictures right next to their comments. I guess they thought that nothing would ever come of it?

Well, I've printed out everything. Everything. So I'm armed and as ready as I can be.

I don't know when I'll be back online again. I've taken the whole week off work to get all this taken care of.

Please pray for all of us but most specifically for Miss Moody, her name is Ally. Her emotional state is not good and I'm very concerned about that.

I'll be in touch as soon as I can. Thank you so much.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

I will certainly be praying. I am so sorry your daughter and your family are having to go through this. Stay strong and keep praying. God will help you know what to do.

I deleted my blog so if you want to chat you can email me.
momxtwo@gmail.com

Blessings
Lisa

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home