Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Well, my kitty is diabetic and has a urinary tract infection. Apparently excessive urination is a symptom of feline diabetes. I didn't even know cats and dogs could get diabetes. She stayed overnight at the vets and I'm supposed to call this morning and see how she is.

I went online last night and researched feline diabetes. Do you know that I may have to test her sugar just like a person does? And that I may have to give her insulin shots? She will have to eat certain foods and may even have to eat more on a schedule.

The kids were so happy to find out that she was going to be ok, we've had her for almost 7 years. Our new kitty has been lost without her, it's so cute how close they have become. Now I have to get new kitty to the vet, make sure she's not already pregnant, get her fixed and get her shots.

And our dog needs to get his shots as well. Pets are expensive!

Miss Moody had another normal day at school. Maybe just maybe things are turning around. Things are quiet online too. I keep waiting for it start up again though, I'm not convinced these girls have learned to keep their mouths shut yet.

Sonny Boy has a soccer game tonight so we'll be out pretty late. He's enjoying it though, I just wish it were closer.

Girly Girl is getting in trouble almost daily in class. She's gotten in more trouble this year than all her school years combined. I think I may have to go in to talk with the teacher and find out what is going on because something just doesn't seem right.

I've decided to get back on the Weight Watchers bandwagon again. Rather than go to meetings, I'm going to do it online. I've gained back the 7 pounds I lost before the holidays and I just don't like how I've been feeling. I need to take better care of myself because how can I manage all the craziness in my life if I'm unhealthy from eating junk all the time? I will probably just post about my weight loss journey here and get rid of my weight loss blog. One blog is hard enough!

So, since I'm on the subject about getting healthy, share with me some healthy things you do for yourself.
********************************************************************
Update on my cat: Talked with the vet, my poor kitty has a large tumor under her tongue that is inoperable. I can bring her home because she is still eating and drinking and she's not in any pain. I just have to monitor her carefully and if I notice she's not eating or if she appears to be in pain, then it will be time to have her put down. My kids are going to be so sad.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home