Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Works-For-Me Wednesday: Monthly Receipt Envelopes
This tip may be something most of you do anyway but I'm going to share it in hopes of helping other organizationally challenged people.
I bought my daughter a gift card to Build-A-Bear Workshop for Christmas. She was so excited to go use it so off we went. After being there for about 2 hours we were finally finished and it was time to pay. Girly Girl proudly whipped out her gift card to pay and the girl swiped the card. Then she swiped it again. And again.
There was no balance on the card. None. And even though I had written in my checkbook the debit for buying the card, I had no receipt.
I tore my purse apart, still no receipt. So I had to pay for the bear because I had no proof of ever purchasing the card.
So, after that hard lesson, I started carrying an envelope in my purse each month. I label it with the month and year and I put every single receipt in it. Every credit card receipt, every debit card receipt, every cash receipt. That way if I need to return something, I know right where to go and if I never need proof of buying something, I go right to my trusty envelopes.
For more great ideas, visit Shannon's blog.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Great idea! I keep all my receipts in a file at home but I really like the idea of the envelope in your purse.

Thanks for the tip!

My mom is doing alittle better but she is still very nervous at times. Thanks for your prayers.

Blessings
Lisa

1:39 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I love this idea! Like Lisa, I keep them in a file at home, but I will definitely implement your method today. Great idea!

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home