Monday, January 15, 2007

Wow, this weekend flew by. Did it for you?

Friday night we went to Miss Moody's field hockey game, well she was supposed to have a game but there were basketball games going on and there's only one gym. Some scheduling mishap or something. I don't know but it was disappointing.

Saturday I went shopping with my sister. Her step-son is getting married on the 27th so she needed to find something nice to wear. That is the first time in years that we went shopping and it was relaxed and fun. I almost didn't go, Sonny Boy had a friend that stayed the night on Friday, he had a birthday party later in the day, I knew JR was going to go hunting but I decided that I was going to go, I had told her that I would. I left JR with all 3 kids plus an extra and a list of who needed to be where and when and off I went. I didn't call home once either,even though I wanted to but I figured JR's a big boy, he can handle it.

And he did handle it but I didn't hear the end of it all night. As a matter of fact, he made me angry and even though I know I'm not supposed to let the sun go down on my anger, I'm still a little miffed with him. I rarely do anything by myself on the weekends and you all certainly know that I try and take care of most things regarding the children, keeping their schedules, getting them here and there, the normal stuff moms do. And even though I would like for him to step up and help more, he just doesn't. He's used to working and coming home and I've taken care of everything. And let me tell you, when I got home on Saturday, he was done with it all and pretty much let me know it.

And rather than being understanding, I was like get a grip, you had the kids alone for 5 hours and had to take one to a birthday party, big deal. It's not like you had to change diapers.

Grrr....

I went to church on Sunday, I figured I really needed to go, lol. I went to the early service because we had our nephew's birthday party at 1pm. I really liked going to the early service and then I decided to stay for a new Sunday School class on the book of James, on how to deal with your anger. Isn't God funny? I knew I needed to stay and I'm glad I did.

But I'm still a little miffed.

The kids are home from school today but I have to work until noon, gotta get the bills out. Next week they have Monday and Tuesday off, I think I may take those days off too if I can, or just work Monday until noon. I don't know. I just hate being here when the kids are home.

I'm debating whether to switch to this new blogger, I've heard good things and bad things. Any opinions?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You HAVE to do things for yourself. It was nice to read that you went shopping and enjoyed it all.
I think your husband will get over it!
The new blogger has it's ups and downs, but I suppose it's all good.
Have a fun day today. Is the weather there nice?

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home