Monday, January 08, 2007

Mondays are hard, especially when it's rainy and gloomy outside. I did not want to get up this morning and neither did the kids.

I'm feeling better. Thursday night I took Nyquil before I went to bed. JR takes it all the time, sleeps like a baby, just like the commercial says. Well, it has the opposite effect on me. I was up all night. I think I maybe slept 2 hours total. When I got up on Friday I was miserable. I was achy, my head felt like it was going to explode, I was coughing and I was tired. Bone tired. And all I kept thinking about was that I was driving to Philadelphia and going to be out late. So, I hit the grocery store first thing, cancelled the kids afternoon hair appointments, got JR to pick them up from school and I went to bed.

The drive to Philly wasn't bad, thank God. Being the small town girl that I am, I don't like driving on the interstate, especially at rush hour but it worked out fine. Girly Girl absolutely loved the show but she loves princesses, mainly because she considers herself one. She loved it so much that I'm thinking about planning a Disney trip. We've never been and the kids haven't really cared all that much about going but after seeing Girly Girl's face light up when Cinderella made her entrance, I know she would love Disney World.

Saturday I got all my Christmas stuff taken down and put away in the morning. I slept all afternoon. It was wonderful.

Sunday I went to church and I am so glad that I did. It felt good to be back, to hold my bible, read the verses, sing the praise and worship songs. I have missed it so much. The church is offering the Alpha Course which I'm considering taking. It's a 10 week commitment on Monday nights and I have to register by Wednesday so I'm going to pray about it and talk to JR. It's hard for me to do things on weeknights.

Miss Moody made out well at indoor field hockey. There was no drama, it was a little awkward for her but it all worked out. One girl, T, made a snarky comment online over the weekend about her but Miss Moody is going to ignore it, responding will only stir up the pot again. Right now things are relatively peaceful. Miss Moody was stressed again last night, she really has a hard time when she has to go back to school after being home and that just breaks my heart. She feels safe at home and loved. Her main problem is feeling like she has no close friends to be with and it's not that she doesn't have close friends, but with the 8th grade being split into 2 groups, she doesn't see her closest friend but once a day. I just wish I could make all this easier for her, it kills me to see her hurting and struggling.

We also have a new addition to our family. Friday night we had a cat, well an older kitten show up at our house. She's no older then a year and cute as can be. She doesn't have a tail, loves attention but is extremely dumb when it comes to cars and trucks, rather then being afraid when they start up, she just sits there underneath them. Not good. So I'm going to wait and see if someone is looking for her and if not, I guess she's going to stay. And she likes to play in water, isn't that weird? We had a bucket full of water outside and she was sticking her paws in and playing in it and she does that every time she drinks.

How was your weekend?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to know you're feeling better. I had a busy weekend - I was finally able to get my decorations down, too. I'll email you tomorrow - I'm supposed to be "working" right now - hah!

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home