Thursday, December 07, 2006

My son is sick, bad sore throat, headache, body aches. Strep test was negative yesterday but he's worse today. I have a feeling I will be calling my pediatrician tomorrow if he's not better. I just wish she had put him on antibiotics.

Oh well, gone are the days of getting the bumble gum medicine with just a runny nose.

I'm at work but I'm finished up all the necessary things, just waiting for my paycheck and then we're headed home. I think Sonny Boy would be content to stay, he's having fun on the internet with our dsl. He's been all over the NASA sight, reading about the space shuttle launch. At home our dial up is so slow, we can't even get alot of the neat websites.

For today, my emotions are in a better place. A lot of this has to do with hormones, my period has yet to start, I'm about a week or so late (no, I'm not pregnant)but I think I'm about to start though. I don't know why I get such PMS or whatever you want to call it.

So, I will enjoy the days when things are good. I'm trying really hard to not obsess over things. I'm trying to slow myself down, I find that I rush even when I don't need to. Do you ever do that? I'll find myself clenching my teeth and rushing all over the house, folding laundry or cleaning the kitchen when I don't have to even feel rushed or stressed. Basically, I'm trying to be more aware, live more in the moment I guess. I don't know. It's hard to explain.

This weekend we're going to get our Christmas tree. I think it's gonna be a huge one again. I plan on not being so anal about it, letting Girly Girl help me more and not moving the ornaments she places on the tree when she leaves the room. See, I get stressed and weird over stuff like that. And it's so not a big deal. That seems to be one of my biggest problems, making a big deal over nothing so that when the bigger deals do come along, I can't cope because I'm worn out.

I was planning on getting some shopping done tomorrow but I'm not sure whether Sonny Boy will feel well enough to go to school. I'm not going to stress over that either. The shopping will get done, even if it's on Christmas Eve.

My weight loss plans are on hold right now. I've been eating from all my emotions so my plan is to just maintain where I'm at and try to eat normally, when I'm hungry, stop when I'm comfortably satisfied.

I'm just trying to be a little kinder to myself. I feel so deeply that is key for me. But isn't it key for all of us? When you're kinder to yourself, you're kinder to those around you.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First off I am praying for your son. I hope he feels better soon.

I read the post before this one. I think God is calling you back to church. Your relationship with God is more important than anything. Once you find the right church you will make some lasting friendships there. You will have people who believe the same things you do that can give you spiritual support when you need it. GIve it a try.

If you don't want to go back to church there are bible studies online that you could do. Google Beth Moore and go to her website. I think it is called Living Proof Minisitries. She has a biblestudy that you can do online. If I wasn't already involved in a weekly biblestudy I would probably be doing that one. I love, love,love Beth Moore.

I'm here if you ever want to talk.
Blessings
Lisa

9:43 PM  
Blogger Veronika said...

Hey, I'm starting to get worried about you! Please let us know that all is well. You've been in my thoughts all weekend.
Take care,

1:31 PM  
Blogger Veronika said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:12 PM  
Blogger Veronika said...

Alright. I AM OFFICALLY WORRIED ABOUT YOU!!! You haven't returned my emails. I hope all is well and son is feeling back to normal.
(:

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home