Thursday, January 04, 2007

Well, it looks like I have now caught the crud that has swept through my entire family, guess it couldn't part without getting us all. My head is so full I swear it's about to bust into a million pieces. No medicine is helping and I look like Rudolph with a nose so red. I'll spare you all the gory details but it's truly amazing how much mucus a body can produce.

Anyhoo....

Tomorrow night I'm going with Girly Girl and her Brownie Troop to see Disney Princesses on Ice. It's Scout night and after the show the girls will do a special activity and they even get a badge. It's going to be a long night because we have to travel to Philadelphia to see it. The girls are so excited. I just hope I feel better by then.

Miss Moody also starts indoor field hockey tomorrow night. I'm a little nervous about the whole thing, I don't know if the girls she's had some problems with are playing. She does have several friends that are playing though. I don't know. Things have cooled down with all that drama but only because I have been monitoring everything. Part of me is thankful that all this happened because it opened Miss Moody's eyes, she now sees what her father and I were warning her about. At least now we don't have to worry about her fighting us about not going over to Used To Be Best Friend's house, especially next year. UTBBF has little supervision at home and I know once she's in high school she'll be dating boys that are older and have cars and I know these boys will end up at her house. I've been watching UTBBF's myspace and if the messages there are truthful, several girls drank alcohol at a New Year's party, these are 13 year old girls.

But even though I am thankful that all this happened, I do feel badly for Miss Moody. This has been very hard for her but I admire that she's trying to move on and she's not letting them stop her from doing something she enjoys. I wish that I could be there for her tomorrow night but her dad will be there and my in-laws are even thinking about going just as extra support.

And if my mother-in-law is there, I know Miss Moody will be fine because my MIL is hard as nails and ain't nobody messin' with her granddaughter.

Saturday I plan on getting my house back in order. I hate to see our pretty tree go but I'm tired of the all the stuff.

Sunday we have our nephew's 2nd birthday party at 1pm which kind of messes with my plans to go to church. My SIL lives about 45 minutes from us. The church I was attending for about a year when Mom died has an early service at 8:30am so if I got myself moving early enough I could make it. That church is about 30 minutes from my home and I loved going there. The only down side to that church is that it's huge, like over 1,000 members and it's real easy to kind of feel lost in the shuffle. But it's a great church, I just wish it were closer.

Have a wonderful, safe weekend. You never know, I may pop in here on Saturday which would be a first, lol.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I certainly hope you're feeling better by now!

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home