Thursday, December 14, 2006

I'm sorry for not being around, things have been crazy and I have not been to work or had a chance to get online.

Here's a recap of my week:

Friday - Sonny Boy still home sick but feeling better. We had our work Christmas party that night so Miss Moody had a friend come over and they babysat Sonny Boy and Girly Girl. Miss Moody started receiving threats on her cell phone while we were at the party so we left a little early. She was very angry and frankly so was I. This is getting old.

Saturday - We cut down our Christmas tree only to find that it had a huge vine of poison ivy from the bottom to the top. JR and Sonny Boy both are allergic to it, even if it's dead.

Sunday - JR and I tried to get some Christmas shopping done. When we got home, Sonny Boy was breaking out with poison ivy and he was miserable.

Monday - Oh lovely Monday. I took the kids to school but had to run home before I went to work. I pulled into my garage and my cell phone rang before I had put the van in park. It was Miss Moody, in tears, telling me I had to come get her. That she'd been in a fight. Yes, a fight. And guess with who, come on, who do you think it was? If you guessed Used To Be Best Friend, you are the winnah!! I told her I was coming right away and the whole way back to the school, I was losing it. I didn't know if she was hurt, I didn't know what I would do if she was hurt. I was so angry and upset, I was shaking. She was fine though, the girls were separated before anything really could happen. Both girls were sent home. The principal was very surprised by Miss Moody's behavior because she never gets in trouble. And she jumped UTBBF after UTBBF pushed her. So that was first thing. I had a hair appointment that I was not going to cancel because my beautician is 8 months pregnant and I was afraid she wouldn't be able to fit me in again and I'm afraid she's going to go early. And I needed a foil, badly. While I'm there, with my head in the shampoo bowl the elementary school is calling, telling me Sonny Boy was in the nurses office. I said I'd be there as soon as I could, I knew it must be bad for him to even go to the nurse. Well, his poison ivy had spread all over his face and around his one eye. Not good.

Tuesday - Miss Moody went back to school with threats of being locked in her room if she didn't stay out of trouble. I took Sonny Boy to the doctor, he was put on steroids to dry up the poison and I had to give him benadryl every 5-6 hours. Which meant there was no way he could go to school because benadryl makes him sleepy.

Wednesday - Sonny Boy stayed home one more day so I could dose him up with the benadryl. The steroids are making him grumpy and very hungry. I swear he's eaten more in the last 2 days than he has since he was a baby. We went and got a new Christmas tree in the late afternoon and it is huge. Or colossal as Girly Girl said, that is one of her spelling words. Anyway, getting the bugger in the house was fun. It took all of us to get it standing up and then it almost fell over. I'll try and take a picture of it once it's decorated but it's so big I don't think a picture will do it justice. Every year it's getting bigger and bigger. I'd like to just go back to a normal size tree, you know a 7-8 footer. This thing measures 13 feet. Miss Moody got a call from a friend telling her that UTBBF had called this friend, stating that if Miss Moody comes to the youth dance on Friday, she was going to jump her big time. Well, Miss Moody is so not going to the dance, I mean she wasn't going after Monday's fiasco. So I decided I needed to call UTBBF's mother and let her know that things were still brewing. Of course UTBBF denies saying that but she wasn't supposed to be on the phone calling anyone anyway. So at least she got busted for that. I know this is just a lot of talk but you know, I'm tired of it. That is exactly why Monday's fight happened. Miss Moody was frustrated and fed up with being threatened every other day so when UTBBF pushed her, she jumped her and that is totally not typical of Miss Moody's character.

Today - All kids are back to school. Thank God. I could not homeschool. School was late though because of fog and it is foggy, thick as pea soup fog. So I finally make into work and I get my email about our cell phone bill, which is something I get every month so I can reveiw. Umm....it was not good. Miss Moody has run it up again, by far the worst ever so she's losing her phone and I don't know if she'll ever get it back. It'll just be a phone to have if she is not going to be home or something. Because I. Am. Done.

I'm not ready for Christmas so I plan doing some serious shopping tomorrow if possible. Saturday Girly Girl has her Christmas dance recital and at some point we have to decorate our enormous tree. Putting lights on that thing should be fun.

I bought one of those cookie spritzers and I can't wait to use it. Yummm. Maybe I can get to that Sunday?

2 Comments:

Blogger Veronika said...

Okay! Thank you for settling my nerves. I'm so sorry to hear about all of the mess you're trying to deal with. Wow.
You're such a great mom to your kids!

11:16 AM  
Blogger Veronika said...

What email address is best for me to use? Let me know because I've so much to tell you!
Have a great day and a fun weekend with the cookie spritzer (:

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home