Tuesday, January 02, 2007

I cannot believe the holidays are over that quickly.

Here's a recap:

My father did come over on Christmas Eve and he even called me about it. We had a nice day too. We baked cookies, ate way too much food and just hung out all day. My sister brought her puppies and boy did that reinforce not wanting another dog when Buster is gone. The kids enjoyed them. My nephew was there almost all day, he has changed so much. He's an adult now and I can tell he's very happy with his life and what he's doing. His girlfriend came for awhile and she's great, she's good for him.

Christmas Day was good. We go to my in-laws for dinner every year, exchange gifts and all. My sister-in-law is there of course and it wasn't too bad actually. We had a few episodes over dinner, her daughter's were in tears over being made to eat food they didn't want. I hate that. My MIL gave Sonny Boy a whoopy cushion as a gift which just delighted him to no end and of course he had to play with it. My SIL and her husband weren't so delighted, especially when Girly Girl said the word fart. Apparently their children have never heard that word before. Ummm...yeah right. Their oldest goes to school all day and rides the bus, I know she's heard that word before and probably worse unfortunately.

Sonny Boy ended up sick again while on break. So we went back to the doctor's again. His throat was terrible but his strep test was negative so I had to take him to get a mono test. I have yet to get those results. He's better though and went back to school. I had mono when I was 17 and I was sick off and on for about 2 months and then I got real sick and stayed sick for another month. It was awful. So I'm not sure if he has it or not because he is better but I kept him down and made him rest. We'll see because he hasn't been 100% since he was sick 3 weeks ago.

Miss Moody is having problems with her jaw, I think it's a TMJ kind of thing but she hasn't been able to open her mouth all the way for a week. The dentist and orthodontist were both closed all week last week so I guess I'll be taking her somewhere this week. She so didn't want to go back to school today. My heart goes out to her because I know she has to put up with a lot and she's had nothing but peace all week.

JR ended up sick with this massive head cold all week which meant he took Nyquil at night which meant I had to sleep somewhere else. He snores anyway but man when he takes that stuff, it's worse then a wind tunnel.

New Year's Eve we did absolutely nothing. Not that we usually do much. I didn't even stay up until midnight.

Yesterday we went shopping, the kids had Christmas money burning a hole in their pockets. We ate dinner at this place called the Blue Star Grill. Do not go there. Talk about a money pit. I had a $15 salad which was only worth about $5. A total rip off.

And today I'm back to work. My throat is a little sore and my nose is stuffed up, this happened over night so I'm not sure if I'm getting sick. Sonny Boy has his first indoor soccer game tonight but I can't go because Girly Girl has Brownies and it's cookie training night so I have to be there. Miss Moody starts indoor field hockey on Friday. I give her credit because she isn't letting those girls stop her from doing something she loves.

My great blogging friend Veronika is going through a real tough time, stop by and give her a hug.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home