Tuesday, January 09, 2007



"Wherever you are spiritually whatever you have been through emotionally, you
are already wrapped in the Lord's embrace. Held close by nail-scarred hands."~ Liz Curtis Higgs~

This quote gives me such comfort, it's hard for me to put into words. I have felt so far away from God for so long and made choices that aren't what God would want for me. Knowing that God was there all along and is with me now, gives me peace and hope. Knowing that God was still there when I refused to acknowledge Him, knowing that He loved me still and knowing that He has forgiven me gives me hope.

I've thought that it was too late, that there was no way that I could ever have my relationship with God back but the truth is, He never left me, He was there waiting for me to turn back to Him, beckoning me all the while.

I'm still a bit apprehensive, I kind of feel like I'm just putting my toes in to test the waters. I'm still waiting to see if God is angry with me, if He will turn away. But over the last few days as I've prayed and studied, I've realized that is just what satan has wanted me to think. I just keep telling myself what satan meant for my harm, God will use for my good.

Don't forget to visit Iris and leave your link if you choose to participate in this week's In "Other" Words.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He never left me, He was there waiting for me to turn back to Him, beckoning me all the while

Your post reminded me of one of my favorite songs. I want to share it with you, but I also want you to know that Christs love for you is unconditional. He longs for a personal relationship with you, and nothing you do can or will take that desire away. Your post tore at my heart, because I can honestly see your earnest desire to have him back- but you are right- He never left you! Take ahold of his outstretched hand and find comfort in His adoration of the beautiful person you are- the rest will work itself out over time. Right now, just revel in this moment!

( I apologize that this is so very long!)

Ill take you back- Jeremy Camp

The reason why I stand
The answer lies in you
You hung to make me strong
Tho my praise was few
When I fall I bring your name down

But I have found in you
A heart that bleeds
Forgiveness replacing all these thoughts of painful memories
And I know your response will always be

Chorus:
I'll take you back always
Even when your fight is over now
I'll take you back
Even when the pain is coming through
I'll take you back

You satisfy this cry of what I'm
looking for And I'll take all I can
and lay it down before
The throne of endless grace now
that radiates what's true
I'm in the only place that erases
all these faults that have overtaken me and
I know that your response will always be

(Chorus)

I can only speak with a graceful heart
As I'm pierced by this gift of your love
I will always bring an offering
I can never thank you enough

You take me back always
Even when my fight is over now
You take me back
Even when the pain is coming through
You take me back

He will always take you back!

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"What Satan meant for my harm, God will use for m y good." I love that! There is a battle going on for our souls. I can honestly tell you that every time I felt estranged from God, it was I who moved away. He was and is always there, beckoning me back. God bless you.

6:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God's not angry - He's just waiting for you!!!

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home