Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I mentioned that I just started a Sunday School class on the Book of James. One scripture that my teacher pointed out to us has just stuck with me ever since and I keep going back to it.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17

My teacher said that God never changes, no matter what it looks like.

It's such a comfort to know that even when you don't feel God, He's still there, still the same.

And let's face it, in this ever changing world, it's a huge comfort to have a God that doesn't change.

"Perseverance must finish it's work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:4

This was another scripture my teacher focused on and one statement he made also stuck with me. He said "you can either grumble or grow." Wow. Basically we can grumble about our trials or grow in our trials.

I have to admit I have spent way more time grumbling.

How about you? Do you grumble through trials?

*******************************************************************

Wow, 2 posts in one day, can you tell I am bored at work?

I have a game to play while I wait for the phone to ring, I can't stop playing it, my highest level is 8. Check it out, see if you like it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are going to church! It will make a difference in your life.

I have to admit that I do grumble through trials. It kinda depends on the trial though. Faith is a work in progress. It will become stronger the more we use it. James is a good book to study. Enjoy!!

Blessings
Lisa

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a grumbler. Unfortunately.

8:50 PM  
Blogger TC said...

I'm a grumbler too.

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home