Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Another late start today because of the fog. I got to sleep in this time which is always a good thing.

I'm starting to think about Christmas cookies, I always fix the same ones and granted they are our favorites but I'd like to introduce a couple of new ones, just to shake things up a little. I'd love it if you'd share your favorite cookie recipe, send all your friends this way and we can have a cookie exchange.

Here is one of our favorites:

Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1 egg

Mix together. Using your hands or a very small ice cream scoop, make around one inch balls out of the dough. You can then roll the balls in sugar or leave them plain before placing them on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. Immediately after baking, either place one small unwrapped Reese Cup in each cookie, pushing down just a little or you can just use a fork and press the cookie down, making a criss cross design on the top.

My family loves these, especially my son who doesn't eat a lot of sweets but he does love peanut butter. I always have to triple the recipe.

So come on, pass your recipes along. Yes, that includes you lurkers out there.

4 Comments:

Blogger Veronika said...

That recipe makes such a good cookie! I don't understand because there isn't any flour. I'll have to come back with my Oatmeal Scotchies reicpe - yum!
:)

7:55 PM  
Blogger Veronika said...

Here is a recipe that I found online (I think) and we love them. They're not really a Christmas cookie; we make them year round.
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 (12-ounce) package or 2 cups white chocolate chips
1 to 2 cups macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375*F (190*C).
2. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
3. In large mixing bowl, with an electric mixer at medium speed, cream together the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Gently stir in flour mixture until just combined. Fold in the white chocolate and
macadamia nuts.
4. Drop cookies by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a non-stick cookie sheet (or lined with parchment paper) about 1-inch apart.
5. Bake for 9 to 12 minutes or until lightly golden, turning cookie sheet around after 5 minutes to ensure even browning.
6. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and cool completely. Store in airtight container.
Makes about 5 dozen cookies.

5:25 AM  
Blogger TC said...

Yumm Veronika, I think I might have to give those a try.

I meant to bring the chocolate chip cookie recipe I have that is the best ever. I'll try and bring it tomorrow to post it.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Veronika said...

Thank you! When I make either of these cookies, they get eaten up quick at my house...usually by me! The Oatmeal Scotchies are simply Oatmeal Raisin with the cinnamon left out and butterscotch chips replace the raisins.

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home