Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Miss Moody did have a sinus infection, she was put on Ceftin and is just now better. Girly Girl threw up all over the kitchen Sunday night, it was one of those messes where you really don't know where to begin to clean it up. JR was no help at all, he kept gagging so much that I sent him away, I didn't want to clean up his vomit too.

Monday and yesterday schools were closed for parent/teacher conferences. I had mine on Monday. Girly Girl made honor roll but her teacher is very concerned with how little she participates in class. Apparently she does not raise her hand and gets very upset if she gets called on. She's also getting upset if she finds work difficult, I've noticed that at home as well. I've also noticed that she doesn't even like reading aloud to me and she hates to do it in class. She's a pretty good reader too. Basically she seems to have lost her confidence. She has always been a very confident child, not one to follow the crowd and not one to really get backwards about anything. And after having my conference, I've started realizing the little changes in her, how she hates to be the center of attention. She doesn't mind being the center of attention as long as she's with a group, like with her dance class. But if it's her alone, she balks and gets upset. I've noticed how she doesn't want to be wrong, she's got to be perfect. Maybe she's afraid of getting picked on?

She really reminds me of myself. I used to be very self confident, didn't worry much about others but as I grew older, as I went through getting picked on by other girls, I became more and more insecure. And I'm totally like her now. I don't like for all eyes to be on me, especially in a group of people I don't know. I get very uncomfortable, can feel myself flushing and I get hot.

I feel that I may have to take some responsibility for her need to get things right all the time. I know that as mothers, most of us are quick to feel that when our kids are having self esteem problems, that it is something that we've done or not done as their mom. But I can't help but feel that I have played a part in this. Mainly because I've been so stressed lately, I'm tired by the time the kids get home and we have to do homework. I can be impatient and I just want to get it over with so I can move to the next thing we have to do. In my impatience, I know that I have snapped explanations rather than just taking my time and really helping her get a concept she may be struggling with.

So that has got to change. I don't want her feeling that she has to be perfect, especially for me. I also don't want her feeling that I don't have time for her or that I don't want to help her.

This was just the wake up call I needed to readjust my attitude. I've known deep down that I need to get a grip now it's time to do it.

Sonny Boy is doing pretty good in school. He's passing every class, he has several C's which could be B's if he would just slow down when he's doing his work. But for as long as that boy has been in school, he has rushed to get his work done, he just wants to get it over with. He does not want to take the time to do complete sentences or go back in a story to find the answers for multiple choice questions. But his teacher really likes him and says he is very well behaved and gives her no problems at all. She also remarked on his athletic ability and his love of sports which for him, is most important, not school work.

I have not received Miss Moody's report card yet, I'm wondering what she's going to have. If she gets so-so grades, I'm going to know she's not focusing and or putting forth her best effort because she never gets so-so grades.

And do you know, that her supposed "best friend" is now getting stalked online? This "best friend" has had her myspace page deleted by some mysterious person. This person has now on AIM, contacting all of "best friend's" friends, which includes Miss Moody, trying to get information. Miss Moody was able to find out that this mystery person is "best friend's" ex-boyfriend's mother. Yes, this is a mother, pretending to be one of these kids and she is essentially stalking and threatening "best friend" over a situation with her son. Miss Moody came to me about it and I've taken the internet away while this blows over. She is not very happy about it, but this situation has the potential to involve the police and honestly, I don't want that crazy woman dragging Miss Moody into it. "Best friend's" mother contacted me last night about it, I told her what little we knew and I also told her that Miss Moody was not going to be online until this was resolved, that Miss Moody was not going to try and get "proof" for "best friend" about who this mystery person is. So, I removed the mouse from the computer and hid it so there is no way she can even sneak online when I'm in bed or anything.

And not that I agree with this mother stalking and harassing "best friend" but I do feel it's a bit ironic that this is happening to her after what she did to Miss Moody.

I'm off to work on my weight loss blog. Here's the address if you'd like to stop by and visit-Too Much of TC.

1 Comments:

Blogger Veronika said...

Wow! Your kids are doing well in school. I think that's great!
I'll bet you're proud, huh?

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home