Thursday, November 16, 2006

It is November 16th and 66 degrees out before it's even 8am. Where is the cold weather? Usually it's cold here by now, I remember when we got married (which I forgot to mention was on November 14th) it was so cold, very cold. We stayed in our new house for the first time on our wedding night, so excited to use our whirlpool tub, we couldn't wait. The house was cold because we'd never thought about turning up the heat but no biggie, we'd be warm in the tub. But the water wouldn't heat up, it was frigid. Our water heater had never been turned on so we had no warm water. Talk about a big let down.

We made up for it though the next night *wink*.

Miss Moody was not happy that she still is not allowed on the internet. But she got over it and I think she actually enjoyed having time with us and hanging out with her brother and sister.

We've actually been sitting down and having dinner together at the kitchen table. Not just grabbing whatever and scarfing it down. It's been so nice being home in the evenings, no rushing to practices and this Saturday we have absolutely nothing on our calendar. Nothing. How cool is that?

There is a possibility that Sonny Boy may be playing indoor soccer but it would only be one night a week and no practices. There is also a possibility that Miss Moody may play indoor field hockey which will be at the high school and I don't want to discourage her from playing because she really wants to and I want her to have something else to focus on other than boys and girl drama.

But it won't hurt my feelings if none of the winter sports pans out. All we'll have then is Girly Girl's dance class once a week which I don't mind going to, that's my time to catch up with a couple of friends, I find it relaxing. And Girly Girl has Brownies twice a month but that's not a big deal either.

It's just amazing how much less stressed I feel with not having all the rushing around, with not having the tight schedule every night.

I still can't believe that Thanksgiving is next week, it's one week away! I've started some Christmas shopping online, I plan on making my first order today. I need to get going on that. I am so ready to decorate too. I'm going to start dragging all my stuff down so next week I can start getting things put out.

And my mother-in-law is doing great. She is back in rythym again, which means she won't have to have another cardioversion. Her cardiologist is very pleased and now she doesn't have any procedures looming over her head, she can just enjoy the holidays.

My sister had my dad and his wife over for dinner a couple of weeks ago. We couldn't come because Sonny Boy had his soccer party. Apparently it was a nice visit. And I'm glad that it was. I guess my sister is going to try and keep things going or something. That's her choice and I'm not going to discourage her. But I'm just tired of it all and I'm tired of always feeling rejected. Not that I won't get together with them, I'm just not going to go out of my way to make it happen anymore. The phone works both ways and Dad needs to realize that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Veronika said...

It sure is getting cold here, and I love it!
I take dinner time here very seriously. I think it's important to sit down and talk about the day together.
It's good to hear that you're feeling less stressed, and glad that your mother -in-law is doing good.
:)

9:57 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Just popping over to say "hi" and to let you know I haven't forgotten about you! I hope all is well with you and yours. Have a great Thanksgiving!

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home