Monday, September 11, 2006

I can honestly say I am so glad that it is Monday. This weekend was not a good one, full of tension. My entire back and neck are tight and painful, my jaws hurt from clenching my teeth and I'm tired from not sleeping well. I needed today.

I'm not even up to talking about this weekend. It just sucked all the way around.

Tomorrow the kids don't have school so I've taken off work. I need to take Girly Girl and get her glasses fixed. Maybe we'll go shopping, see if we can hit some sales on fall/winter clothes. The weather is starting to change so it won't be long and we'll be in jeans again.

On the budget front, I actually used coupons at the grocery store and I've stocked up so I'm hoping this weekend I won't need to hit the store for anything but milk and bread. We only went out to eat once and we had a gift card that covered most of it, we ended up on spending $11 and we had leftovers.

Saturday we had opening day of soccer and it was HOT. Didn't do so well on the budget front there, I ended up buying Sonny Boy and Girly Girl sweatshirts but at least Girly Girl will be able to wear her brother's when he outgrows it. This Saturday will be opening day for field hockey so I'll be buying more pictures. Pictures are so expensive, even though I buy the small package.

And of course today is the 5 year anniversary of 9/11. I'm sure you can remember right where you were when everything started being reported. I was here at work and JR's aunt called and was freaking out about a plane crashing into one of the trade center towers. I can remember thinking that it was some mistake, a pilot error and then the second plane hit. Then the one hit the pentagon, then the one went down in PA and all I wanted to do was go get my kids from school. I can remember just sitting in front of the TV watching Fox News and not moving, trying to understand what I was seeing. I didn't know about terrorists, I didn't know there were people out there that wanted to kill us, all of us. I would never have imagined that people would take over a plane and then use them as weapons and kill thousands of people that were just going to work. Our world changed that day.

And I know that I rarely get political here because I'm not one to argue politics. I voted for President Bush both times and even though I don't completely agree with everything he has done, I am very glad that he was our president on that day and that he has been our president since that day. We have not been attacked on our soil since 9/11 and I don't think that has been by accident.

My heart goes out to everyone that lost someone that day.

On a different note, I'm asking that you keep my mil in prayer. She is having a TEE and if that shows no clots around the heart, she will then have a cardioversion. This will all be done on Wednesday, I know she is scared, I would be too. She has atrial fibrillation and over the past few months she's just not been well and two weeks ago it escalated to the point she went back to the doctor. Even though she takes medication for it, it's very common for those with AF to have to have cardioversions, sometimes several of them. I'd appreciate it if you would keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home