Thursday, August 24, 2006

I've been having headaches a lot lately. I'm not sure if they would classify as migraines. I've never had problems with headaches before, usually if I have one it's sinus related. Yesterday afternoon I felt like my head was in a vice and I was even nauseated.

One thing I have experienced from time to time for several years is something that I would call a face ache. The right side of my face including my scalp aches and is extremely sensitive to touch which makes brushing my hair a whole lot of fun. My right ear will hurt and my gums on the right side will get swollen and painful. Sometimes the lymph node under my jaw on the right side will get large and painful. I've noticed this will happen during times of great stress or if I get too tired for too long or by hormones.

I used to experience this quite often and it had been a long time before it happened last week. Saturday and Sunday I felt terrible with it because I get these shooting pains in my head as well but usually if I take some motrin I can muddle through. The fatigue is rough though.

This time I think it was hormonal because I started my period a week early which I rarely do. So I'm wondering if the headaches are a part of it too.

Either way I'm tired of them. Yesterday I had to take older daughter to field hockey and I just sat in the van the entire time. Thankfully JR was able to get home and take the other two to their practices. I took Excedrin migraine which did work eventually and I drank a ton of water trying to hydrate myself, hoping that would help.

And looking back to last month I had a lot of headaches around my period. Not as bad as yesterdays but I can remember having to take motrin for several days to get rid of them.

I've read blogs where people suffer with migraines and they end up in bed with them. I truly hope that this is just some passing thing because there is no way I can be in bed for 2 days.

Do you have migraines or bad headaches? Got any advice?

2 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

My advice echoes your other two commentors - have the doctor check you out. If you're having migraines, they have excellent meds which help a lot. Just take care, OK?

9:21 PM  
Blogger Zephra said...

I get nasty headaches just before my time of the month. I noticed it was worse just after I stopped birth contol (tied my tubes) and they are just now getting better. I also suffered terrible headaches most of one of my pregnancies. Nothing helped. And I got little sympanthy from the doctors. The only advice I have is to carry something around for them at all times and as soon as you even think you might have one coming on, take something. Also, it could be a dental thing. Have your teeth checked. Your symptoms go right along with a bad tooth.

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home