Tuesday, September 05, 2006

It's a rainy Monday morning here in Maryland and Mondays are hard enough without the added gloom. But I'm here at work and the kids are off to school.

On the diet front, the Sonoma Diet is full of delicious foods but man, talk about hurting your grocery budget. JR is now on the look out for a new truck which means we're going to have to tighten our money belts so I'm not sure of following the Sonoma Diet to a T is something I can manage.

I'm not real happy about the prospect of getting a new truck, they are so darn expensive and if he gets one, we'll have to carry new payments since we're still paying on my van and we've never, ever had to car payments at the same time. We've had his truck now for 10 years and it's still in good shape but all 5 of us can't travel in it comfortably anymore, the kids are getting too big. I don't know, I'm going to approach him about waiting to see if GM has employee pricing again at the end of the year and just buckling down to save as much as we can to get ready.

I just feel like with all the potential changes with work it's not a good time to go adding on that kind of debt. But I do need to become more frugal, I've slacked off in recent years because we were making more money which was a mistake. Rather than continuing to live on the the same budget we were used to, we just changed our living to meet what we were making.

I don't know, I hate talking money with my husband. I can totally see why money is the main cause of divorce.

On a different note, I cleaned out and organized my laundry room. I can actually walk around in there! Now my next mission is the upstairs closet.

Are you frugal? Do you and your spouse agree on money matters?

2 Comments:

Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

I'm fairly frugal, but my husband is even more so. So, I'm in the opposite boat from you, I guess. I know what you mean about the car payments though. Our older car is acting up and now we may have to get a new one.

My advice? Pay on that van and get it paid off before you get the new car. Two car payments is really NOT FUN. (But, then, you already knew that or you wouldn't have been concerned about it. HA!)

8:18 AM  
Blogger TC said...

I just realized about 15 minutes ago that it's not Monday, lol.

My weekend was pretty much uneventful. The weather was stormy as Ernesto blew through town on Friday into Saturday. I just cleaned and cooked.

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home