Thursday, September 07, 2006

Wow, yesterday's post was a real downer. But you know, some days I have down days and sometimes I'll post about them here, sometimes I won't.

I have been searching the internet for different frugal living tips, I've even joined some groups so I can learn from those who already live that way. I am determined to get on a budget, pinch pennies and pay off some debt before JR gets that new truck.

It's not going to be easy because it's been a long time since I've had to really watch what I spend. Not that I have a ton of money but it's not like it was when we were first married and we had no money. The kids aren't going to like it at first either but they'll adjust.

The first area I need to work on is my grocery budget. I need to start making more from scratch, cut down on the convenience foods and I guess I need to start couponing again. I'll need to pay attention to the grocery store fliers that come to me every week and in the paper and buy things I use that are on sale. The rest of my stuff will be bought at Walmart because even though I hate the place, I can get things cheaper there.

So basically, I'm on a mission. Decluttering and cleaning my home, keeping a budget and saving as much as I can and taking better care of myself.

1 Comments:

Blogger TC said...

Lisa - It would be great if we lived closer. We'll just have to support each other online.

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home