Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Having to get up at 5:30am again is for the birds. Thank God the kids have been getting up pretty well. The weirdest change has been that older daughter who I will refer to as Miss Moody from now on, is getting up all on her own now so when I go to get her brother and sister up, she's doing her hair and getting all prettied up for the day. Sonny Boy still gets up as usual, he's ready to roll pretty much as soon as his feet hit the floor. Now younger daughter who I will refer to as Girly Girl from now on, is a much different story. She hates waking up early, just like me. And she has a double crown in her scalp which makes her long hair all crazy and turned all about, just like me except my hair isn't long anymore but it was when I was kid and there are many pictures of me with my hair all over the place because my mom refused to cut my pretty white blonde hair. Wow, that was a run on sentence! Anyway, when she does finally get out of bed she walks all stiff like because her feet are stiff in the morning, just like me. Somehow she manages to get herself downstairs where she lays on the sofa until I make her get dressed. I have a feeling she's going to be one of those people late for work.

But there is something about seeing your kids all sleepy in their beds, with the sheets still warm from their bodies. This morning was dark and gloomy out which makes it even harder to get moving and I just wanted to curl up in their beds with them.

We have actually had some rain here the last couple of days and we need it. It hasn't rained since early July I think and it's been dry. Very dry. We've been losing leaves off the trees because it's so dry, it looks like fall at our house. I think we may be getting the remnants of Tropical Storm Ernesto this weekend.

Maybe my sister will cancel her picnic?

I bit the bullet and have decided to follow the Sonoma Diet rather than Weight Watchers. Mainly because I love how the Sonoma Diet advocates natural foods more than prepackaged. Not that Weight Watchers does but I just liked the concept of the Sonoma Diet better. It's going to be a challenge though because I will have to be more prepared and will probably have to do a lot of cooking and prepping on Sundays to be ready for the week. I just feel that this is something I need to do because I know how I've been eating isn't helping my body. I certainly haven't had much energy and I need all the energy I can get.

Do you fix most of your meals from scratch or are you like me and cook out of the box half the time?

3 Comments:

Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

I'll enjoy following your blog to hear what you think of the Sonoma. I've been reading The Schwarzbein Principle Program which discusses eating all natural too and trying to incorporate that more and more into my diet each day.

As for you kid getting herself up and ready on her own--I'M SO JEALOUS! My son requires me to tell him 25 times to do each task. We are 3 weeks into school and I'm already sooooo sick of it!

9:01 AM  
Blogger TC said...

Steph - It does make the mornings easier. She is almost 13 and wants to look just so now.

momxtwo - I make my own spaghetti sauce too. I make enough and freeze some. I'm actually having spaghetti for dinner tonight and I'm using my frozen sauce.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

I'm starting the "Curves" diet - I've been a member at Curves for 2 years and love the workout, but haven't lost much weight because I haven't modified my eating habits. I'm doing the low-carb diet - there is a low-calorie diet, too. When will you be starting your diet? I'm going to start mine the day after Labor Day.

As far as cooking - I do both from the box and scratch - it just depends on how much time I have.

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home