Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Older daughter made out very well last night at field hockey. I wasn't so sure how it was going to go. As soon as I got home from work yesterday, she started up. She didn't want to go, all the usual stuff. I told her that it was normal to feel nervous but she can't keep letting nervousness keep her from doing new things. I basically told her she had to suck it up and go. And she did great. She ended up knowing more people than she thought she would and I even saw her talking to girls she didn't know. She was very proud of herself and excited about it all when we got home.

So now Monday through Thursday we will be having practices which means we won't be eating dinner most nights until 7:30pm to 8pm. I hate eating that late but the kids don't like having a full belly before practice and JR isn't even home yet by the time I'm leaving to take everybody. I plan on using the crock pot a lot and cooking stuff ahead of time so we can just reheat it.

I organized the cabinet under my stove, now I just need to scrub it and get the racks I want to put in there. Next is the laundry room and the upstairs closet, both will take me a long time to go through but I'm determined to get this done. I also need to go through all the kids clothes and get rid of everything that they don't wear anymore or they've outgrown. I keep so much of older daughter's stuff for younger daughter but half the time younger daughter doesn't like it because she's more girly girl and older daughter doesn't like to dress up. I need to just get rid of all those old clothes, I will have so much more room in the upstairs closet.

I also want to get on a better cleaning schedule. Do you have a cleaning schedule or do you just clean whenever?

1 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

I have a schedule - it just works better for me that way. I also try to do a fall housecleaning - but I don't have to do that this year because I did it all in May before my daughter's graduation!!! Yay!

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home