Thursday, August 31, 2006

Today is my first official day following the Sonoma Diet. I made some things last night to have for lunch today. I cooked several chicken breasts that I can use in at least 3 different recipes. Today I'm trying the chicken with black bean spread wrap. I made the black bean spread myself and I'm having a side salad with lime vinagrette that I made myself. I feel like I should be on Food Network with all the homemade stuff I made. I'll definetly have to do a lot of cooking on the weekends, make as much as I can ahead of time. Right now I'm all gung ho, I just hope I can keep the momentum after I've been doing this awhile.

My sister has now changed her picnic to a family dinner because of the predicted rain that way she can have it inside. Grrr....I guess there's no getting out of it. I wish I didn't feel this way but it is what it is. And if my mil feels better we'll be havig my fil's b-day dinner on Saturday which means I'll be spending the day with my sil and it will be a day full of big productions over every little thing, especially if her kids fall down. Then Sunday I will go to my sister's and it will be all uncomfortable and tense, at least for me. Monday I'm not going anywhere, I'm going to stay home and cook.

I'm just going to pray for God to change my heart.

The kids are still making out well in school. Miss Moody really likes field hockey and she's doing so well. Girly Girl's two good friends are now playing on the junior field hockey team and these two friends are also in class together. Girly Girl is worried that they'll become better friends and leave her out. I'm hoping that doesn't happen too. I'll just have to make sure she gets to have her friends come over on the weekends.

I wish I was better about that, having the kids have friends over. I'm better about it during the school year. I want the kids and their friends to hang out at our house and I'm hoping as everyone gets older they will. I'm just not real good about planning for it, you know? Since we live in the boonies, it's not like we have friends down the street or anything.

Do your kids have their friends over a lot?

1 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

Just checking in to see how your weekend went! I won't be around much this week because my oldest is taking off for college on Thursday - so please keep us in your prayers!

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home