Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Everyone had a good first day of school. Sonny boy really likes his teacher but I think after the fiasco of last year, anything is better. Older daughter made out well too. Apparently they've split the 8th grade into two groups which means for all of her subject classes she is only with her group and she only eats lunch with her group. She does have her UA's (gym,band,computer) with the other kids though. Apparently they have done this because the 8th grade is so large but it's no different than it has been. I think it's to help with the disciplinary problems. Either way, she is very happy with it. Younger daughter made out well too even though she's not with any of her friends. I know she will be fine, she makes friends easily.

It was so strange to come home from work to an empty house. It was so quiet. I just sat and relished the peace. Once they got home it was a flurry of activity, they each had to tell me about their day, then we had to get homework done before practices.

I do worry about older daughter and I'm trying not to show it or dwell on it. I know that she is extremely sensitive and gets offended easily so I try and keep that in mind when she's telling me how other girls are treating her. But then I also remember how vicious other girls can be and I remember how hard it was. And I also know that she needs to learn to deal with it all because it's not going to get any easier. I know that I am biased but she is a very pretty girl, she's naturally pretty, one of those girls that looks better without make up. Over the summer her looks have changed, she's gotten taller and slimmer. She cut her hair. She looks older than most girls her age. So I don't doubt there are girls giving her dirty looks and I know there are certain girls that really don't like her. But isn't that life? Not everyone is going to like you and there will be people that will find any reason possible to justify it.

I talk with her about having a forgiving spirit but it is hard. I struggle with it too. Sometimes though I just wonder how bad it really is though. I want her to have friends and enjoy being young. I worry though that she expects too much out of these girls and because of that she will always be disappointed.

Makes me wonder if I do the same.

1 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

This agre is so difficult for girls. Unfortunately, girls are extremely cruel to each other. Eventually, MOST of them outgrow it, though.

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home