Monday, November 06, 2006

It's been quite a weekend. I'll start with the good news first, actually it's great news. My son's soccer team won the 9/10 division soccer tournament on Saturday! Those kids were so excited, I thought our coach was going to cry, it was great. Our soccer league covers are our entire county which adds up to it being broken down into 3 different towns, each is broken down into age groups. Normally the biggest of these towns takes everything because they have like 5-6 teams per age group to our 1 or 2. This big town has a tendency to look down on our little town, calling us north county hicks and such. The comments can be pretty harsh but all it does is add to our kids resolve. We had to play 3 games, almost back to back, each team from the "big town" and we won every, single game. I am so proud of that team and it does feel good to know that our little town brought home a championship this year.

On to the bad news.

Miss Moody became the victim of internet bullying starting on Friday which escalated into receiving threats on her cell phone by text message and voice mail. This came out of nowhere and was done by 3 girls Miss Moody considered very good friends, one almost like a best friend. We still don't know why they did what they did but that's really not even the point.

At first they just messed up her myspace page, I didn't like what they did but I was letting Miss Moody handle that. I helped her change all her passwords so they couldn't continue to put the bad things on there. And it was very bad things.

All 3 of these girls are on her field hockey team, one is the assistant coach's daughter. It was all I could do not to say something to those girls but Miss Moody asked me not to so I didn't.

But come Saturday night I wished that I had.

Saturday night we took Sonny Boy out for a celebration dinner but Miss Moody opted to stay home and continue to fix her myspace page. We weren't going to be gone long so it was no big deal. Just as we were finishing dinner, she called my cell, very upset because these 3 girls were calling her, threatening her. When I got home I read the text messages and then listened to the voicemail, I was livid. I was so angry I was shaking.

I turned right around and called the one mom that I know pretty well, the mother of the supposed "best friend". I told her what was going on, I told her that I would forward the texts to her if she would like to read them. She was very upset and thanked me for letting her know. She then made all 3 girls get off the internet and took away her daughter's phone.

I called the assistant coach and left her a message and I have not heard back from her. She seems like a very nice person so she either has not checked her messages or her daughter erased it otherwise I know she would've called me back. I wanted to speak with her before practice tonight because one of the issues is Miss Moody being threatened that they were going to "beat her face in" at practice.

Now I know they won't touch her, 99% of the time it's all talk but these girls need to learn that you don't threaten people like that and think you're going to get away with it.

Unfortunately, the 3rd girl I don't know and I've never, ever seen a parent at any practice or game so there's not much I can do there.

But I know all 3 know that I know and they know I've already busted one of them to her mother and trying to contact another.

This is the first time I've ever had to step in like this. Normally, I let Miss Moody deal with all the girl drama on her own because it's usually just words which is bad enough. But when your kids is getting threatened with physical violence, it's time to step in.

So practice should be interesting.

And so called "best friend" was trying to kiss and make up last night with Miss Moody because she knows that Miss Moody is the only one that likes her in school. I just pray that Miss Moody won't get sucked in by her even though I told her she is no longer allowed to go to her house and she's not coming to ours. I'm all for forgiveness but just because you forgive someone doesn't mean you have to hang out with them anymore.

I'm feeling much better now. I had to quit taking my antiobiotic, it was making me sick to my stomach so I won't be taking that again. I'm not so tired anymore and I feel like all I do is sleep but I think my body needs it.

Now I need to work on managing stress. I'm at a loss with that one though. Any ideas?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am the last person in the world to be giving advice on managing stress but I will say this. Pray, Pray , Pray! Talk to God and ask him to help you with this problem.

I will be praying for you and your daughter.
Blessings
Lisa

11:12 AM  
Blogger TC said...

I just got off the phone with the other mom who was totally great about everything and we plan on putting it all out in the open tonight at practice.

I know the "best friend" has been the instigator behind all this. I feel it in my bones.

I just hope Miss Moody has made out well today at school. They have half day so she'll be home soon.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

You did a great job with this bullying thing, Tyra!!!

Handling stress??? Well, the only two things that even come close to helping me is to pray and to exercise.

9:27 PM  
Blogger Veronika said...

Yeah, sometimes you have to step in - especially when it gets down to threats.
As for stress - I like to walk. Honestly, I can get out my frustrations and think clearly when I walk.
You're a good mom.

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home