Thursday, November 02, 2006

I'm back to work, wish I was back home, curled up in my bed with the covers over my head. But I've been doing that for days, I guess it's time for me to get out in the world again.

I spent the weekend feeling horrible, so bad that I didn't even go to Miss Moody's games Saturday night and I never do that. But I just couldn't physically do it and I spent the whole evening weepy and feeling sorry for myself. Sunday I slept between loads of laundry.

I went to the doctor Monday morning, I was running a fever so I'm on antibiotics for a sinus infection. I had bloodwork done for my thyroid test, found out I gained two pounds and my blood pressure was borderline high. I've never, ever had problems with my blood pressure, even when I was extremely heavy. I'm not sure what is going on but I think this is my body's way of getting attention. My doctor talked about the importance of sleep, how our bodies need that more than we think. So I guess it's no wonder that my body is having problems, it never gets proper rest. I'm still waiting on the results for my thyroid test, that could also be why my blood pressure is a bit high.

I think I've just been too stressedfor too long. And let's face it, stress is a part of life so I need to learn to deal with it. I need to learn to let certain things go, prioritize and find ways to handle the stress.

I've been harboring some hard feelings toward some of my family and I know that can make a person feel bad. It's hard to let those feelings go though, especially when it is something that directly involves you and is very real, not just some figment of my own imagination. But as I've learned, life isn't always fair and I need to learn to let go of what is beyond my control.

It's just hard because I want it all to be in my control!!!! That is why I don't handle stress.

I'm also having to learn and deal with being a mother of a moody teenager. Since she is my first, I don't have any idea of what to do, how to handle her. She has hurt my feelings, she pushes me away but gets upset if I leave her be, she doesn't want me around her friends, I guess I am an embarassment now, she accuses me of harping. So I'm slowly learning to pick my battles with her, it's just some times I feel like I'm running in circles.

I'm trying to ease up and just enjoy the little things. Tuesday I went to the Herr's Potato Chip Factory which is only about an hour from here and a nice day trip. The only downside is we went by school bus so I was good and car sick when we returned. I was queasy but I didn't let that keep from going with the kids trick or treating. The best part of the whole evening was watching Sonny Boy and Girly Girl eating Sweet Tarts Shockers, they were so sour, I don't think their lips unpuckered for an hour.

Yesterday I stayed home for one more day, I got some things done around the house, enjoyed the peace and quiet. It was invigorating, I need to do that more often, maybe once a month take a day off and stay home. I realized how much I miss being home.

Sports are coming to an end this weekend. Soccer was rescheduled for this Saturday and Sonny Boy's team has a good chance of winning the tournament, they are already in 2nd place for the 9/10 division and that's out of over 20 teams. The only downside is it's only supposed to be 49 degrees and I hate being cold for too long. I guess I'd better dress in layers.

So, that's what's been going on in my world. Now it's time for me to choke down my antibiotic, I'm nauseated as it is and that is not helping.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prayers are going up for you right now. I'm sorry you have been sick. I pray you will be feeling better very soon.

I am back on my meds and I can defintely tell a difference. I am not sweating the small stuff as much as before. I still get depressed when I look in the mirror but that will never change until I lose 100lbs.

Anyway I am not feeling so depressed and that is good.

Feel better
Blessings
Lisa

9:18 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Tyra - Your BP could have been up because you're fighting off an infection. Have your doc take it once you're done with the antibiotics to see if it's normal again.

Stress is so insidious because it can weaken us physically, psychologically, and spiritually. Taking a day off is a GREAT way to nurture these three areas of our lives.

Hope you're feeling better really soon.

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home