Thursday, October 12, 2006

Is blogger being a booger for anyone else? I couldn't even get in here to post until now and I can't upload images. Grrr....I guess I shouldn't complain, it's free, right?

I haven't had a chance to share about how my mother-in-law is doing. She went to see a new cardiologist on Tuesday at a much bigger hospital about an hour from here and he was wonderful. We were with him for over an hour and he took his time explaining exactly what atrial fibrillation is and all the complications that come with it. He didn't mince words and really put it out there which is what my father-in-law needed. He told her that she is a very lucky woman, that usually blood clots from the heart go to the brain and if it had, she wouldn't have survived it. There is no explanation for why it went to her leg, it's just one of those God things.

So, she's still not feeling well because she's been back in a-fib for almost a month and she's in a-fib all the time because her body is unable to bring her out of it. The plan is for her to have another cardioversion done by her new cardiologist and she's going to travel to even bigger hospital in Washington, D.C. That's quite a hike but she is very comfortable with this doctor and willing to travel.

The cardioversion is set for Monday morning and hopefully now that she's been on an anti-rythmic drug for almost a month, once she converts she'll stay that way. I'd appreciate her being kept in your prayers.

I'm hoping to post a slow cooker recipe for today for Slow Cooking Thursday but I'm going to wait and see if I can post the image, if not I'll post without it.

And of course, you know I won't be around until Monday. I know I don't have many readers because I don't post everyday but when I'm home, it's just not good for me to be online, too much to do I guess.

1 Comments:

Blogger Veronika said...

It's very rare to find a caring Dr. One who will take the time to sit and answer every question and concern...at least that's my experience. It sounds as if your MIL found the right one.
Your MIL has been in my prayers and will continue to be :)
Blogger really bites! I'm ready to go out on my own.
Have a super weekend!

6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home