Tuesday, September 26, 2006

I think I may be coming down with a cold or it's allergies-not that I have allergies but they are cutting the corn in all the fields that surround my house so there's a lot in the air right now. My throat is a little sore and I'm tired. I've been so tired the last few days, by 9pm I'm toast and I'm falling asleep on the sofa.

Maybe last week took more of a toll on me than I thought. If I run myself too hard, I'll start with cold like symptoms. I'm seldom home anymore and that wears me down. But I don't see my life slowing down any until November when fall sports are over and thankfully it doesn't look like anyone will be participating in winter sports. Sonny Boy wanted to play indoor lacrosse but it's not being offered this year and Miss Moody wanted to play indoor field hockey and it's not being offered either. Maybe this is God's way of giving me a few months off before spring sports? Either way, I'm grateful for the break.

I know I mentioned the other day that I was having a situation with Miss Moody. I've needed a few days to muddle through it and take care of it and I'm pretty confident that I have. Basically I found out Miss Moody was IM'ing with a boy that is around the age of 17. She's been getting on AIM at home to chat with her friends and I was ok with that. But then I was going over the text messages on her phone and noticed there was someone on there I did not know so I confronted her about it. I was horrified to find out that she had told this boy her entire name even though she did not know his and he also lives in the same county as we do so it will be easy enough for him to find out where we live. I have drilled into her head the dangers of the internet and the sickos that are out there and she didn't listen. She was very angry that I checked her messages even though I've told her from the get go that I would be from time to time. If I don't check up, I have no idea who she's talking to because kids these days don't ever call your home phone anymore. And let's face it, if I hadn't checked I would never have known about this boy.

Now, it's not like she was "going out" with him or anything but he did text some things I wasn't comfortable with and he's too old for her to be talking to anyway. Period. End of discussion. She was so angry though, she says she has no privacy. I agreed with her and told her that if she wouldn't do stuff like this I wouldn't have to be over her shoulder keeping her straight.

Sometimes I feel like I have to save her from herself.

I try not to be too strict because that can backfire on you. I refuse to be too lenient because that can backfire as well. I try to find that middle ground, compromise on some things but certain things are non-negotiable. I think she may compare her life to her friend who has a mother that just lets her be. I can't/won't be that kind of mother and I told her that. I also told her that she could be angry but she'd either get over it or be angry until she's old enough to leave home. I mean, I'm not going to cater to her just so she's not angry with me. I'm not here to be her friend right now, she's going to get angry, she's not going to like some of my decisions. I'm so tired of these moms that are too busy being their children's friends and not being their parent.

I've got everything under control but you know, this really exhausts me. Maybe that's why some parents just stay out of it, it's easier that way I guess.



2 Comments:

Blogger TC said...

I know all her passwords and she knows that I check from time to time. Maybe she didn't believe me when I told her that I would be checking.

10:43 AM  
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

I just stumbled across your blog because I noticed that we have the same screen name. LOL. too funny

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home