Monday, October 09, 2006

I had a very uneventful weekend. Saturday all sports were cancelled due to the weather, we had a ton of rain and wind so the fields were soaked. It was strange to not be on the go but it was well needed.

Sunday I had my in-laws over for dinner and it was nice. I don't do that often enough and I do enjoy having people over. I guess I just get caught up in the rat race and never make the time.

I was crafty on Sunday too and made myself an autumn wreath for my door. I spent a total of $11 on the whole thing, Michael's was having a great sale on all their fall decorating items. I really enjoyed making the wreath and I plan on making my own for Christmas as well as making some ornaments. I've always enjoyed making crafts, just another thing that I don't take the time to do anymore.

Why is it so easy to get caught up in the busyness of life and never take time to do things you enjoy? If you take time to do things you love, it makes you happy which means the rest of your time will go smoother. But like most women, I put everyone else's needs before my own and when I finally do have some time for myself I'm too darned tired to do much. I find myself sitting in front of the tv too much.

So I'm asking you, what things do you enjoy doing on your own time?

3 Comments:

Blogger Veronika said...

I enjoy a long bubble bath. We really have to take time for ourselves.
Would you take a picture of the wreath you made? I would love to see it. I used to enjoy making things for the holidays too.
:)

12:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watch tv,
read,
take a hot bath,
take naps,
cross stitch,

Blessings
Lisa

7:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please take a picture of the wreath. I would like to see it.

I thought about making one a few weeks ago but found one at Target for $19.99 and it is really pretty.

Lisa

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home