Thursday, October 05, 2006

I don't know sometimes what my husband would do without me. He is such a trusting soul, something that I envy at times but there are certain situations where my untrusting ways come in handy.

For example, my husband sold his 75 Blazer last night. No big deal, right? Well, it would've been no big deal if he hadn't let the woman take it with our tags still on it which means if she had been in an accident it's still titled, tagged and insured under our names.

This whole deal went down while I was at field hockey practice. My cousin knew the woman and knows my husband very well so it was all cool. He called and told me that she bought it, gave him a check (I would've asked for cash), my cousin reassuring him all the while that she was good for the money. She wanted to keep the tags and have them transferred to her name. We kept the title until I could make sure the check would clear.

I didn't know until this morning that she took the truck with the tags. I lost my mind, I really did. I am thankful he didn't tell me last night because I wouldn't have slept a wink. He tossed and turned all night though, now I know why.

Here in the state of Maryland you cannot get tags for your vehicle without proof of insurance and you can't cancel your insurance until the tags are turned into the MVA. So basically if she's driving it with our tags, gets in an accident we can be held liable.

Not good.

And to add insult to injury, my husband didn't even know her name. The check she gave was from her dad's business, signed by her father.

So he basically he let a woman he did not know by name or otherwise take his truck with our tags and without really being paid for the truck either because people write bad checks all the time.

I was at the bank when the doors opened, verified there were funds in the account (which there were) and deposited the check in our savings. My husband called my cousin to get this woman's name and number and he told her that he needed to have the tags. So she's dropping them off to me here at work and I then will give her the title.

My husband was like Jack (my cousin) said she's good for the money and all. And I was like, JR, I don't trust most people that I do know let alone someone I don't know.

I told JR to just put it all off on me, I don't care of my cousin or that woman think I'm a huzzy. If protecting what is mine makes me a huzzy, then so be it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Veronika said...

There's nothing wrong with covering your a%%. I would have done the same.
:)

12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home