Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Works For Me: School Lunch Shelf

I have two children that like to pack lunch more than they buy which is fine but it can be a challenge sometimes to keep all three from raiding the food that is for those lunches.

So I instituted the school lunch shelf. Half of my laundry room is wire shelving which I use as a pantry. I designated one shelf for the snacks and drinks I need to pack lunch. The kids know they are not to use that food for any snack attacks. I've even put my husband's and my lunch items there because it has worked so well.

I choose to pack lunches in the morning just because I like a fresher sandwich so I line up lunch boxes on the counter. I grab everything I need off the lunch shelf and fill the lunch boxes, kind of like an assembly line. Then I make sandwiches, put them in, add the ice packs and we're done and ready to go.

For more great ideas, visit Shannon's blog.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

That is a great idea!

Still praying for you MIL.

Blessings
Lisa

8:18 AM  
Blogger Scribbit said...

I'm always up for good lunch-packing ideas. Thanks for the comment.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Rae said...

Great idea! =)

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home