Tuesday, September 19, 2006

My mother-in-law is still in CCU but we're hoping she will be moved out of there this morning. She had the catheter removed from her leg late yesterday afternoon and now we're just waiting to see if she's not bleeding too much from that area since she'd been on Heparin for several days. Unfortunately she's back into a-fib again which means she may have to have another cardioversion before she leaves the hospital. And on top of everything else, she has shingles, apparently from all the stress her body has been under. She's really going through it and I'd appreciate her being kept in your prayers.

My husband is dealing with this pretty well. He's complaining of his muscles feeling so tight and it's just because of all the tension he's been feeling. My father-in-law is handling this good though I can see it draining on him. He told me yesterday that he didn't know how I did it with my mother through all that time because just four days of all this was so hard. And it is hard, very hard but you do it because you have to.

I'm trying to be as supportive as possible, trying to run the office and take whatever burdens I can off of them so they can be there for her. That's very important to me, I want to make this as easy for them as I can.

I guess this is one of those situations where I can use all that I went through with my mom and help others. I mean, I have felt for a long time that there had to be something good to come out of losing my mother, that I couldn't go through all that and not learn from it and then help someone else. I don't know, if I can't help someone else, then everything with my mom was kind of meaningless. Does that make sense?

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

2 Comments:

Blogger TC said...

Thanks Mary.

We don't have a lot of down time right now because of all the sports but I know we're going to need a fun day real soon.

9:25 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Yes, it makes a lot of sense.

ALl of you are in my prayers, TC.

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home