Thursday, August 17, 2006

I've been off work the last two days, I've been running errands getting all the shopping done for school stuff. Next week is a busy week so I won't have time so we did it now.

It was nice being off and just running around with the kids. I miss those days when I didn't have such a tight schedule, when I was home more. I miss being home with the kids but once they are back in school, I'm glad I have work to get me out of the house.

Soccer practices are now officially on. We've been to practices Tuesday and Wednesday and will be there again tonight. Next week practices will be Monday through Thursday because older daughter starts field hockey. She's a little nervous because she's never played before and she's not sure if she will know anyone on the team. It's a great way for her to get to know other girls that she will be going to high school with next year. There were 2 girls that she knows that were supposed to play but I had a feeling they were going to back out and sure enough, they have. I'm glad though, I think it will be good for her to have something that is hers without all the drama from the girls she goes to school with everyday. We'll see though, she has such a hard time stepping out.

Not doing so good on the diet front though I have been walking while the kids are at practice. So that's one positive step in the right direction.

I haven't got very far organizing my home but I plan on checking out flylady today.

One day at a time, one step at a time.

I can say that I'm feeling better. Maybe because I'm figuring out what I want out of my life and how I want to achieve it. I feel like God is showing me so many things about myself, things I need to work on and I don't feel bad about it. I feel hopeful. I just can't look at the big picture otherwise I get discouraged.

One thing I'm trying to conquer is being a little more sociable. I'm not going to be a social butterfly because I do like my own space and I like doing my own thing. But I don't need to be alone all the time. So this Saturday I'm going to a scrapbooking crop at one of my neighbors. She is a Creative Memories consultant and has a room on her house that she holds crops like once a month. I've never gone even though my sister has. So I'm stepping out and going this Saturday and I plan on being gone all day. And my sister is going too. I know my neighbor will be surprised to see me, she'd given up on getting me to come.

I've noticed how I don't step out and how can I expect my children to do so if I don't? I mean, I'm no different than my daughter, not wanting to go because I might not know anyone or I might not "like" who is there. I just feel very strongly that this is something I need to address and work through. Not just for me but for my kids. I am their example.

Poor kids, lol.

But I'm feeling more positive than I have in awhile. I just have to celebrate the small victories, focus on the good rather than on the negative. I plan on sharing my journey here and I invite anyone who is on their own journey to share about it here if you'd like. I think Val's idea of a support group is a great one and it doesn't have to be just about weight loss.

I'm a slacker and haven't really done much with this blog like add my blogroll or anything else for that matter. So here is my email if you'd like to discuss anything with me privately: notenoughofmeatgmail.com.

1 Comments:

Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

I think you'll enjoy the scrapbooking crop. I love going to those things. The good thing about them is that you're working on your stuff too, so you don't feel like you have to socialize the entire time really. Plus, you get your pictures in books and feel all productive.

Once you become addicted to the nightly crops, drop me an email and we'll chat about the weekend-girlfriend getaway crops. No, THOSE are to die for!

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home