Monday, August 21, 2006

This morning I took 3 giggling, energetic little girls to dance camp. Wow, what a way to start a Monday. At least they were happy.

I went to the scrapbooking thing on Saturday. I was gone from 9am to 9pm and I loved it. My sister left before I did. I got younger daughter's dance recital book done too. I plan on going back to the next one in October. I am so glad I went.

Sunday we celebrated my sister's b-day, ate some crabs, had cake and ice cream. It was a pretty good day. Got to see my nephew that I haven't seen in about 3 months or so, he's living in PA now so I don't see him much. It was interesting spending the majority of my weekend with my sister, I don't spend much time with her anymore and I don't talk to her much either. If I do, it's very brief. It's amazing how our relationship changed after mom died, it's almost like she was the glue that held us together. Or maybe it's because I changed. I don't know. I do know that after going through all that with mom, I saw a different side to my sister or maybe I finally saw her for who she was. Either way, things are different. I know that I changed a lot too. I know that I never truly realized how bossy she is, I guess that's what makes her a good manager at work but goodness. Her poor husband is practically her slave and she likes to make sure everyone knows it. It's almost embarassing to watch him just jump at her every beck and call. To each his own I guess.

I didn't do very well on the eating front but I do plan on walking this week while the kids are at soccer practice. Older daughter has her first field hockey practice tonight, I'm praying it goes well.

I wasn't home to do much organization this weekend but I plan on working a little each day this week. My first mission is to organize the cabinet underneath my oven and buy some racks to keep my cookie sheets and baking stones neater. I've organized my tupperware cabinet and it looks so nice. My next big thing will be to organize my laundry room. I have 3 walls with wire shelves that I use for storage and a pantry. It's gotten out of hand and I need to get rid of stuff and organize it better. That will be an all day job though.

This is the kids last week of summer, this time next week they will be in school. Younger daughter isn't too happy about not being in class with any of her friends this year. The teacher is wonderful though and I just don't feel like I should move her out of there just because she won't be with friends. If anything, it might be a good thing, she can concentrate better during class time and play with her friends at recess. She'll still be in dance class with them so that will be good.

Do you think that is the right thing? To keep her in a class with no friends but a great teacher?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home