Monday, August 14, 2006

Thank you all so much for responding to my last post.

Lisa - I am very familiar with the UMC, I was brought up in a Methodist church and was married in one. My kids attended Sunday School at the little Methodist church in our town. The church is small and focuses mostly on the kids which is great but they don't have any adult classes. I used to attend a huge church before my mom died, I loved it there but because it was so large it was hard to get to really know other people, plus it was about 35 minutes from my home one way so it was hard for me to be too involved. That church was an Assembly of God which is more fundamental than most Methodist churches but I loved their music and the liveliness of the services. I also have a good friend that is the worship leader at a Church of God which is pretty much the same as an Assembly of God and she invites me all the time. They have a huge youth group which is something I would love to have my oldest be involved in.

Either way, I think I'm becoming more open to church and well, God. It feels good. I've been listening to my Joyce Meyer tapes and reading her devotionals. I've been listening to Joyce Meyer for years and years and I just love her way of teaching.

My in-laws took the kids for the entire weekend. I dropped them off Friday afternoon and they come home at lunch time yesterday. I spent all day Saturday at the mall just looking at what I wanted to look at. It was wonderful. I did get my oldest a necklace for her birthday next month. It was a $36 necklace and I paid $8 for it, pretty cool, huh?

We were supposed to get together with the family we went to the Outer Banks with on Saturday. But I guess you can kinda say that we got dumped. I got home from shopping and C had left a message saying that they were tired from going out the night before so they didn't want us to come over because they were going to bed early. It was all good though because hubby and I went out for a nice dinner just the two of us and I like when we get to do that. I guess that's why we don't have many friends, I'm content to do my own thing most of the time and I like when it's just the two of us.

The kids only have 2 weeks left of summer, I can't believe it's almost over. We're starting soccer practice this week for younger daughter and I'm thinking by next week, everyone should be back to practices and the fun will begin.

When the kids get back in school I'm going back to Weight Watchers. I'm starting now to follow the plan but I want to get back to the meetings.

I'm also on a quest to become more organized, I say this every year but I really want to. Our schedules are about to get very busy and being organized will help that. I'm also on a mission to declutter my home.

Basically I'm trying to restart my life here.

So I'm asking all of you for your tips on any or all of the above. How do you stay organized? How do you keep your clutter under control? How about healthy eating? Got any good crock pot recipes?

2 Comments:

Blogger Crazy MomCat said...

Novak beat me, but I'd say check out Flylady.com Her site is chock-full of tips for organizing. I recommend using it for what fits with you--don't subscribe to the emails if you don't want a ton of reminders all day long, but you can still get a ton of info from the site. She also has crockpot recipes out there (or used to).

I also recommend checking out the message boards for Weight Watchers on their site. There are a ton of them and you can find one that fits you. I was doing the WW core plan and their Core Plan Tips message board is fantastic. They have daily recipe threads where everyone contributes a recipe for a certain type of food, as well as people answer questions and give inspiration.

Good luck with it. I stopped WW when school let out at 12 lbs loss, but much more to go. I haven't done well without it, but I don't feel like going back A-GAIN. I do need to do something because I have put back on about 2-3 pounds over the summer now.

I'm right there with you on all of this--the weight loss, the organizing, all of it!

3:52 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

I'm facing the weight-loss regimen again, beginning next Tuesday (I'm going out of town for a few days, and it's useless to start until I return). We should start an on-line support group for weight loss among bloggers!!!!

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home