Thursday, July 27, 2006

Well, the Tupperware party went ok. It's funny how the people you expect to come don't and the ones you don't expect show up. I have a tummy ache though from eating junk so late. I had one girl not come but she still sent her 11yr old son with her mom, I think she's mad at me for not attending her "Slumber Party". Oh well, I wasn't going to go to a sex toy party, just not my thing, you know?

I am so glad this week is almost over. I feel like I'm living out of my van with all the running from camp to camp. Thank God I'm carpooling with another mom for the Girl Scouts camp otherwise I would be totally losing it.

I can't believe summer is almost over. My kids go back to school on 8/28 so we don't have much longer. This summer has flown by but we've been way busier with all the different camps which is something we don't ordinarily do. I don't know if it's been a good thing or not. The only positive really is that the kids aren't stuck home with each other as much which helps with the fighting. The running around hasn't been fun for me though, I hate it. I did so much running when my mom was ill that now I can't stand it.

We're planning a long weekend to Hershey Park sometime next month. If you ever get a chance to visit there, go for it. You can do Lancaster, PA for a day and then head to Hershey. I love Hershey Park, it's one of my favorite places to go and I don't even like rides.

It feels weird though to have no plans this weekend. JR has to work so it'll just be me and the kids. My son wants to start school shopping and honestly you can't wait too long because everything gets picked over and they need so much stuff nowadays. But I don't even want to think about school supplies or even school for that matter. I dread the homework battle and all the drama with my oldest.

I'm feeling so blah today. Last night at the party I realized how small my world has become. I didn't invite that many people to my party, mainly because my mind was on vacation. I could've invited more family but I didn't. It's kind of sad though because I used to be more social. I used to have more friends. What happened? I know with the more kids we had the less free time I had. I know my life also became consumed with caring for my mom. But somewhere along the line I lost myself or I lost the desire to be social, I don't know. It takes energy and time to be social and I'm low on both of those things. I know too that I've become kind of hard nosed. I have very little tolerance for bull crap. I'm not going to waste my time on people that are fake or two faced. And honestly, most people are that way, at least here in our small community. Maybe I need to show more mercy and forgiveness? No one is perfect, right? I don't know, it's been like ever since Mom died, I just don't want to put myself out there. Emotionally I just can't do it.

What about you? Do you socialize much? Or do you keep to yourself?

2 Comments:

Blogger TC said...

I love Amish country and all the little shops that are in Bird-In-Hand and Intercourse.

Hershey Park is a great place to go for children of all ages, that's why I like it. They have the little kids rides mixed in with the bigger rides which is nice for us. I can take our youngest on the rides she likes and hubby can take the other two on the roller coasters and we don't have to be too far away.

It is a shame we live so far apart but we'll just have to keep in touch through our blogs and emails (if you want).

12:27 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

I don't socialize much either. I prefer my "alone time" - I'm just pretty introverted, I guess.

Glad you're back from vacation. I'll keep your daughter in my prayers. Tell her to just ignore them and hold her head high. They are jealous of her. In a couple of weeks, have her invite them over for a slumber party - that will surprise them. Plan some really fun things to do at home (manicures, pedicures, karaoke, etc), so that they can get back on track before school starts.

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home