Monday, July 03, 2006

No four day weekend here for me. I have dragged myself here to the office this morning, literally. We were at parties yesterday from 1pm to 11pm. The kids swam, we all got sunburn but it was fun. I'm just so tired right now. Ugh.

I want to thank you for all your words of wisdom after my last post. I guess I'm feeling better about everything. I just have to take one day at a time and not look at the big picture. Plus I have to take comfort in knowing that God has a plan and it will all work out somehow, maybe not how I'd like it to but that's how it is sometimes.

Younger daughter loved Girl Scout camp last week, she hated for it to be over. She was so cute hugging all her new friends good bye.

This week my son has lacrosse camp from Wednesday to Saturday, thankfully right here in town where I work so it will be easy. Next week we have no camps, we'll just be getting ready for vacation!!!!

I am so ready to be on the beach, I'm praying for good weather. I've been told the water is much cleaner at the Outer Banks than here so that will be nice.

I don't know whether you've seen on the news that we've had some major flooding here in Maryland. On Saturday I took the kids to a local beach, one that I grew up swimming at, I hadn't been there in about 4 years. This beach is on the Chesapeake Bay. I packed us a lunch, a cooler full of drinks and we set off for a day at the beach. We get there and the entire shore line is full of logs, trash, sticks and then I read the signs-swimming not advised, water has been tested and found to have raw sewage, animal waste and bacteria. YUCK. So, the kids played in the sand and we ate our lunch and headed home. Very disappointing. But with all the flooding and they opened some of the gates of the Conawingo Dam, I should've known it would be bad. It looked like after a hurricane though it was that bad.

I'm off to get some billing done if I can manage to think straight. Time for some caffeine.

1 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

I did billing today, too. If it doesn't get done, I don't get paid! (-: So, I just grin and bear it. . .

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home