Thursday, February 15, 2007

Yesterday the kids and I had a snow day. Again. It was more a snow/ice event. I spent the entire day doing absolutely nothing. I'm almost ashamed to admit how lazy I was. Almost.

We didn't do anything special for Valentine's Day. I'm one of those women who could care less, it's just another day. I don't expect flowers or candy, just take me to dinner or bring it home so I don't have to cook.

We went to Pizza Hut which was only fitting since that's where we ate all the time while we were dating.

Today school was back in and I had to work. Miss Moody is home sick with another sinus infection. She's back on Flonase and a z-pack.

Tonight Girly Girl has dance class. Part of me would love to skip it (I'm still in my want to be alone funk) but I'm not going to. Simply because lacrosse is about to start up and I know she will miss some dance classes because of it. And her big recital is the end of April and they are starting to work on their routines so she needs to be there as often as possible.

Tomorrow I have to get together with my co-cookie mom so we can get our first deposits straight. Miss Moody has her Valentine's dance at school, it's more like a winter formal type of thing. I think she will have a great time, I'm sending her with some disposable cameras so she can take lots of pictures and do a scrapbook. That's what she did last year and this year is even more important since this is her last year at this school.

I'm also in desperate need of getting my nails done. It's been almost a month. The girl that normally does my nails is out on maternity leave and my schedule got all off and with all the craziness of the past month, I resorted to going to one of those Asian nail salons at the mall. I was a bit leary but they seemed ok and I was pleased with the results. I just hate not being able to understand what they are saying. So I just smile and nod my head in agreement. Kinda scary isn't it? I could be agreeing to a brazilian wax or something and not even know it.

I think we are going out to dinner Saturday night with friends of ours. I figured with being in such a funk that I needed to do something social on purpose. We'll have a good time, it's just getting there.

I've been watching a lot of tv, that's what I usually do when I'm in a funk. So I've been watching a lot of coverage on Anna Nicole Smith. I feel so badly for her. I think she was just an emotionally fragile person that resorted to drugs, men, people to make her feel good, to validate her. I think she was used by a lot of people in her life. She just seemed so desperate for acceptance, she was willing to do anything for it. So many sit back and judge her, call her a freak, a loser. I just can't help thinking that there's a little Anna Nicole in me too, I was just able to change the course of my life.

Well, I'd better run, Sonny Boy and Girly Girl will be home any minute. I'm sure their folders will be full of homework since we missed yesterday.

Oh joy.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home