Thursday, February 08, 2007

Ok, I know I promised pictures but wouldn't you know that my camera's battery died and by the time it had charged, the snow was practically gone. It was the most powdery snow I've ever seen and even though it never got out of the 20's, the sunlight just melted it away.

It was so nice to just be home yesterday. I got some cleaning done, did some laundry and just enjoyed not having to be anywhere. It seems like anymore that it's hard for me to enjoy being home. I guess because I have so much to do when I am home that I never can relax. I know that I'm not the only one that feels that way though.

I think what was even better was that I wasn't expecting a day home. I knew there was a chance of snow but it wasn't supposed to be much of anything. And honestly, it wasn't that much snow but I think between what little we did get and the extreme cold, they just cancelled school.

I was doing laundry and decided to wash one of my spring jackets, it had been in the back of my van for months. I cleaned out the pockets and found $5, that made the day even better. I know it's only $5 but hey, that's $5 I didn't have before!

Tonight Girly Girl has dance, she missed the last 2 weeks. On my way home, I will be picking up more Girl Scout cookies for our cookie booth sale on Saturday. I'm already sick of Girl Scout cookies. I think I overdosed on do-si-dos yesterday. Ugh.

Miss Moody is doing a very good job at keeping herself out of potential drama, I think she's finally learning to look at the big picture which makes it easier for her to decide to do the right thing. Aimee, a girl that was involved in stirring up the drama from 2 weeks ago, has been trying her hardest to get in contact with Miss Moody. She's tried being nice, she's tried making comments that would make Miss Moody angry. She wants a reaction out of Miss Moody and Miss Moody keeps right on with her life and doesn't give her one. Even though I know Miss Moody would like to come back at the snarky remarks, she knows that is what Aimee wants and she's not going to give Aimee or the rest of those girls any more of her time and attention.

It's just so irritating the things these girls take issue with. For instance, Aimee keeps telling Miss Moody that she "stole Taylor's sweatshirt so she needs to quit wearing it." Now Aimee isn't saying that Miss Moody actually stole it, it's just that Miss Moody has one just like Taylor's. It's a sweatshirt that has the high school's lacrosse team name on it and it was JR's from when he was in high school. And there are how many others that have the same sweatshirt? Jeez....

I keep reminding myself these girls are only 13 years old.

That's ok though, because Miss Moody wore the sweatshirt to school today, just to make a point.

Well, I'm off to eat my breakfast, read some blogs and then I have to get our bills completely done and in the mail. At least my FIL is happy, the bills will be getting paid while he's on vacation.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

I recently found $20 in my jeans pocket. I got all excited and then I remembered it was money for something at church that a lady handed me when she was in a hurry. I was so bummed.

I am still praying that those girls will leave your daughter alone. That situation just doesn't want to stop does it?

I pay bills on Saturday mornings. I don't look forward to it at all.

Have a good day!
Blessings
Lisa

10:02 AM  
Blogger Veronika said...

I've the same problem with my batteries and camera. Glad you enjoyed the day yesterday. It sounds as if you got a lot done!
I know what you mean about not being able to relax; I'm that way all the time.
Yay for finding $$$in your pocket! I love when that happens to me.. hope you spend it on something special for you because you deserve it, girl.
Your daughter is a strong girl, and she's not going to give into the pressure, I can tell. You've done a great job raising her.
:)

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I started wondering why I had not been reading the updates on your blog lately and my bloglines dropped your blog somehow!

It did the same to another friend of mine.

Sorry!
:(

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home