Sunday, February 11, 2007

I know, I'm here on a Sunday but I'm taking a break from housework so I thought I'd get online and read some blogs.

I didn't go to church this morning. I slept too late to make it to the early service and then I just decided to stay home. I wanted to cook a big breakfast and get the house cleaned and the laundry done.

So here I am.

Yesterday was Girly Girl's Brownie troops cookie booth sale. We sold over 100 boxes of cookies in two hours but man was it cold. It wouldn't have been so bad if it hadn't been so windy. I swear I didn't feel my face until late last night.

Then I took both my girls shopping. Miss Moody needed a dress for the Valentine's Day dance on the 16th at school. Finding a dress was a bit of a challenge. Everything was so hoochie. I ended up buying her a strapless dress which looks great on her and very appropriate because there is no plunging neckline. The dress reaches her knees too and isn't skin tight.

We ended the day by going out for a nice dinner. It was a good day, I needed to do something fun, especially with Miss Moody. We talked a lot at dinner and it was good to hear her being positive. She said she feel that things are better now because she's just avoiding the "drama mamas" instead of trying to reason with them. She says her focus in class is better too.

I think it helped that she had her oldest, dearest friend come over on Friday and they had a good time just being together. They don't spend as much time together as they used to and both her parents and I agree that we need to change that.

Today I'm going to finish up on housework and hopefully get all my laundry done. I would like to start my cross stitch project too. And I want to cook a good dinner, not something that I just throw together haphazardly.

They are calling for a possible snow storm this week, the weather service isn't sure of the track of the storm yet so it's too soon to tell how much we could get. I say bring it on. We haven't had a real good storm in years. I love how the world just stops then and gets so quiet and peacful. So, one good storm would be good then it can start to warm up, lol.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home