Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I went to the cardiologist with my mother-in-law yesterday. Unfortunately, she is back in a-fib again. So she's starting a new medication and will have her 3rd and probably last cardioversion in 3 weeks. It seems that surgery is in her future at some point, it's just a matter of she can get back in rythym and how long she stays there.

Having some problems with Miss Moody, again. It looks like it's time for her to get her first, serious punishment which means she will only be going to school and sports. As a matter of fact, I'm seriously considering keeping her from field hocky practice tonight to prove a point. I have misgivings about that because I'm pretty anal about the kids going to practice. But to Miss Moody, practice is just another social hour so if I keep her home, remove the keyboard from the computer, hide her cell phone (which she's not supposed to have since I took it from her, again but I think she's been sneaking it at night after I go to bed, just found that out this morning), I think she will get the point.

The worst thing about punishing your kids is most of the time you're punishing yourself! She's going to be miserable and hateful which will make home such a lovely place to be. But you know, she's got to learn about consequences somewhow.

I really need for JR to step up and do some of the punishing too. It's just that I'll have to deal with all this when she gets home from school and he doesn't get home until hours later. Do I just send her to her room and tell her she's in trouble and she'll find out why when her father gets home?

I hate to say this but there are times that I feel like a single parent, this is one of those times. I'm always in charge of the discipline. If he does decide to discipline, I'm the one that ends up having to stand firm with the punishment therefore I'm the one getting all the attitude.

I swear, a weekend away by myself when sports are done and overwith sounds heavenly right now. I've never, ever done that. Maybe it's time I did.

Do you think I should keep her home from practice?

1 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

I hope you get some answers from your doctor!

Isn't being a mom "fun"????

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home