Monday, June 26, 2006

I doubt I'll be around much this week. Youngest daughter is in Girl Scout day camp all week which is out in timbuktu. That girl never fails to amaze me, she is so outgoing. Her brother and sister would never go to a camp all ready to go if they didn't know anyone. She was nervous but she didn't let it stop her. I hope she can keep that about her. The group was a small one so I know she'll have a great time, there are several counselors so the girls will get lots of attention. It turns out she actually knew a girl there, a girl that was in her dance class.

Older daughter was supposed to have field hockey camp but it has been cancelled because it's raining like crazy here. It's been rescheduled for the week we're going to be away which I just knew was going to happen. I hate that the camp has been cancelled but it's going to make my life a lot easier this week.

It's been raining and raining. In nearby Federalsburg they had major flooding yesterday, they got a foot of rain in about 6 hours time or so. Thankfully it's not that bad here though. Our pool is getting awful full though.

I've had one of those experiences with Verizon this morning that makes me want to either inhale 5 pounds of sugar or beat someone senseless. I renewed our 2 yr contract, ordered new phones, blah, blah, blah last week. I spent over a half hour on the phone with this guy, getting it all straight and he still messed it up. He had two of our phones as 2 yr contracts, 3 phones as 1 yr which then affects the prices of the phones. I don't know why he would do that, we talked at length about the promotion for the V325 phones with a 2 yr contract, the promotion that meant we'd get 4 phones for free and the 5th phone for $29.99 after rebate. Imagine my surprise when I looked at our costumer receipts and saw that some of the phones were 1 yr contracts and we were going to be charged $130 for each one. I was doing ok until I got transferred 4 times before anyone could give me an answer. By that point I was ready to cancel our service and go to Cingular or something. So now things are supposed to be fixed but we'll see.

Grrr.....

I think the sun is actually peeking through the clouds, I hope it clears off so youngest daughter has fun at camp.

I'd better get some work done, you know, actually earn my paycheck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home